Tuesday 6 January 2009

He who pays the piper...

Musicians ought to be able to make a living from their skills and creativity....

..but I find that I increasingly side against the music industry in the debate on use of copyright material.


Why? Well
.... the music industry are trying very hard to establish a monopoly position controlling both the music rights and the means of distribution.
.... they are seeking to use that position to the detriment of the consumer
.... I really don't agree with their position on what I get rights to when I buy piece of music.

Basically I think they are being greedy, and that their position is out of balance with 'natural justice'. Moreover, in their desire for profit they are lobbying, all too successfully, for unprecedented measures that violate hitherto sacrisanct concepts of privacy. I find that both offensive and objectionable.

No comments: